- Cooking Time: 10 min
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 25 min
- 5 pounds of potatoes
- 1/2 cup of corn starch
- 2 envelops os sazon
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 pound of picadillo (cooked ground beef)
- deep calduron for frying and oil
- Take a big pot and fill it with water.
- Boil the potatoes until tender, you do not need to peel the potatoes.
- Cook the meat in the mean time like if you were making meet for pasta.
- When the potatoes are done, let them cool and peel the sking.
- Smash them with out any liquid, add the sazon, salt & pepper.
- When they are completely cool add the corn starch.
- Make a dough that is firm not too loose, for a ball in the size of tennis ball. Make a hole in the center and add the meat.
- Make sure that you cover the meat with the dough and form a nice round ball.
- Once is done and there is no meet showing on the out side, have the oil hot and place them in the oil until golden brown and meat is hot in the center.
- Do not set the oil too hot or too cold. Once you place them in the oil do not turn them until you see that the bottom of the stuff potatoe is set.
NotesI learned this recipe from my father. We use to have a restaurant and he was famous for this dish. He takes proud of his stuffed potatoes. When he fry them, they never fall appart in the oil, his trick is to have the oil at the rigth temperature and not to fry too many at once. Perfect dad!! I got it!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The NourishFull Kitchen
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More