- Cooking Time: 35 to 40
- Preparation Time:
- 12 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons prepared thousand island dressing
- 1 1/2 cups grated Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 pound deli pastrami
- 1 cup sauerkraut, well drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- caraway seeds
- Combine 6 rolls into a ball and roll into an 11-inch circle.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest about 10 minutes.
- Repeat the above steps with remaining 6 rolls. Remove wrap from dough circles and place one circle in a sprayed 10-inch round baking pan covering the bottom and 1/2-inch up the sides. Spread thousand island dressing evenly over dough. Top with 1/2 of the cheese.
- Arrange the pastrami evenly over the cheese.
- Top with sauerkraut and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place remaining dough circle over the top and pinch the edges together to seal to the bottom dough circle.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Cut 2-3 vents in the center.
- Bake at 375°F 35-40 minutes.
- Cover with foil last 10 minutes, if necessary, to prevent over browning.
NotesThe classic Reuben sandwich is baked into a piping-hot, deep-dish delight in our Stuffed Reuben Pie recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More