- Cooking Time: 35 to 40
- Preparation Time:
- 12 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons prepared thousand island dressing
- 1 1/2 cups grated Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 pound deli pastrami
- 1 cup sauerkraut, well drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- caraway seeds
- Combine 6 rolls into a ball and roll into an 11-inch circle.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest about 10 minutes.
- Repeat the above steps with remaining 6 rolls. Remove wrap from dough circles and place one circle in a sprayed 10-inch round baking pan covering the bottom and 1/2-inch up the sides. Spread thousand island dressing evenly over dough. Top with 1/2 of the cheese.
- Arrange the pastrami evenly over the cheese.
- Top with sauerkraut and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place remaining dough circle over the top and pinch the edges together to seal to the bottom dough circle.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Cut 2-3 vents in the center.
- Bake at 375°F 35-40 minutes.
- Cover with foil last 10 minutes, if necessary, to prevent over browning.
NotesThe classic Reuben sandwich is baked into a piping-hot, deep-dish delight in our Stuffed Reuben Pie recipe.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More