- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound Italian sweet sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 4 slices bread, crumbled
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried
- 20 Jumbo Shells, parboiled and drained
- 2 jars ( 15+1/2 ounces) Ragu' Spaghetti Sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prick sausage with fork and parboil in small amount of water, in covered skillet for 15 minutes. Drain. Chop sausage and fry along
- with onions, until brown and crumbly, stirring often. Spoon off excess fat. Add egg, bread, and parsley, and mix thoroughly.
- Fill hot parboiled shells with sausage mixture, using a teaspoon.
- Pour 1/2 Ragu' Spagetti sauce into a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Arrange shells in pan.
- Pour remaining Ragu' sauce over shells. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove foil; sprinkle grated parmesan chesse over top and bake uncovered for about 10 minutes more.
- Serves 5:
NotesI make this quite often for pot lucks and they are delicious. Of course my hubby loves them too. These leftovers freeze very well. Serve with a salad and a nice crusty bread.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More