- Cooking Time: 35 to 45 minutes
- Preparation Time: 30 to 40 minutes
BackstoryThis recipe I learned from my grandmother. I had to actually go there and watch her, because she never wrote anything down.
- 10 to 12 medium size garden tomatoes
- 1/2 pound ground meat
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 can of black olives
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley
- onion flakes or powder
- garlic powder
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Boil the ground meat for about 15 minutes, drain, set aside and cool.
- Cut off the tops of the tomatoes.
- Scoop out the pulp from the tomatoes with a teaspoon and place in a bowl.
- I use a food processor, but you could chop by hand the eggs, olives and parsley.
- Add to the ground meat and then add the salt, pepper, onion flakes and garlic powder, bread crumbs and the reserved pulp.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Mix together.
- Stuff mixture into tomatoes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake in a 9x 13 pan for 35 to 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Do not over bake.