- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic and herb-marinated sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, eggs, milk, feta, salt, and pepper. Add the turkey and gently stir to combine, being careful not to overwork the meat.
- Carefully pack the meat mixture into the prepared pan and bake until the internal temperature registers 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and slice. Put on a serving platter and serve.
NotesSubmitted by Janet Tsveer
***you can always substitute ingredients like adding onions, mushrooms, spinach if you like. You add anything you want or even change up the cheese as long as it's a good cooking cheese like fontina cheese. You can add more or less of the ingredients stated in the directions. Pairs well with garlic smashed potatoes, brocoli or a salad with a glass of crisp red or white wine. Bon Appetite!