- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 4 acorn squash, halved, seeds removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sweet corn
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Bake squash, cut side down for 45 minutes.
- Sauté the onions, garlic, celery, mushrooms, red pepper, and jalapeño until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add rice, corn, olives, parsley, sage and salt. Turn over squash, heap with stuffing and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
NotesI found this recipe two years ago in a magazine and found that it was so easy to adapt to whatever vegetables I had on hand. I don't actually bake the squash again after the stuffing is added, I just sauté the mixture for a few more minutes before adding it to the squash. This makes a lot of stuffing, which frankly tastes good just by itself!
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More