- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 4 acorn squash, halved, seeds removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sweet corn
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Bake squash, cut side down for 45 minutes.
- Sauté the onions, garlic, celery, mushrooms, red pepper, and jalapeño until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add rice, corn, olives, parsley, sage and salt. Turn over squash, heap with stuffing and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
NotesI found this recipe two years ago in a magazine and found that it was so easy to adapt to whatever vegetables I had on hand. I don't actually bake the squash again after the stuffing is added, I just sauté the mixture for a few more minutes before adding it to the squash. This makes a lot of stuffing, which frankly tastes good just by itself!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More