- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 4 acorn squash, halved, seeds removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sweet corn
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Bake squash, cut side down for 45 minutes.
- Sauté the onions, garlic, celery, mushrooms, red pepper, and jalapeño until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add rice, corn, olives, parsley, sage and salt. Turn over squash, heap with stuffing and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
NotesI found this recipe two years ago in a magazine and found that it was so easy to adapt to whatever vegetables I had on hand. I don't actually bake the squash again after the stuffing is added, I just sauté the mixture for a few more minutes before adding it to the squash. This makes a lot of stuffing, which frankly tastes good just by itself!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More