- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 10 6-inch zucchini
- 1 & 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup raw brown rice
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- juice from 3 lemons, separated
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1. Slice zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out insides, reserving in a separate bowl. Place zucchini shells side by side in a large baking dish.
- 2. Chop onion and celery very small. Also chop insides of zucchini, but keep separate.
- 3. Cook rice with boiling water, onion, celery, salt, pepper, and oil for 25 minutes. Add chopped zucchini and cook 5 minutes more.
- 4. Place rice-vegetable mixture in a bowl and add parsley, breadcrumbs, juice from 2 of the lemons, and the slightly beaten whites of the eggs.
- 5. Preheat oven to 350F.
- 6. Place filling into scooped-out zucchini shells. Cover and bake for 40 minutes.
- 7. Beat egg yolks with juice from remaining lemon. Spoon out some of the juices from the baking dish, adding slowly into egg yolk-lemon mixture, stirring briskly. Pour this sauce over the zucchini and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serves 6 to 8
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More