- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 10 6-inch zucchini
- 1 & 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup raw brown rice
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- juice from 3 lemons, separated
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1. Slice zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out insides, reserving in a separate bowl. Place zucchini shells side by side in a large baking dish.
- 2. Chop onion and celery very small. Also chop insides of zucchini, but keep separate.
- 3. Cook rice with boiling water, onion, celery, salt, pepper, and oil for 25 minutes. Add chopped zucchini and cook 5 minutes more.
- 4. Place rice-vegetable mixture in a bowl and add parsley, breadcrumbs, juice from 2 of the lemons, and the slightly beaten whites of the eggs.
- 5. Preheat oven to 350F.
- 6. Place filling into scooped-out zucchini shells. Cover and bake for 40 minutes.
- 7. Beat egg yolks with juice from remaining lemon. Spoon out some of the juices from the baking dish, adding slowly into egg yolk-lemon mixture, stirring briskly. Pour this sauce over the zucchini and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serves 6 to 8
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More