- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4-5
- Preparation Time: 5
- 3 ears Corn, blanched 5min in boiling water, cut from cob
- 1 Vidalia Onion
- 1 stalk Celery
- 1 green Bell Pepper
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 8oz or so cubed smoked Ham
- 1 can Butter Beans w/liquid
- Salt & Pepper
- add'l liquid (water, milk, or veggie or chicken stock) as needed
- * Melt butter over medium heat in Dutch oven.
- * Add corn, onion, celery, pepper, garlic and ham. Saute til veggies begin to wilt and carmelize and ham may slightly brown; add more butter as needed so as not to scorch.
- * Add beans and liquid from can. Season to taste w/peppers and salt; stir frequently and cook 15-20min, adding add'l liquid if needed so as not to scorch.
- * I served w/shrimps sautéd in butter, wine, bay and GOOD bottled cocktail sauce (I used Lighthouse from Buffalo NY)- place right atop servings of succotash.
NotesI hate lima beans. I dunno why, I just do. I used to pick them out of my food when I was a kid, and I taught my cat to eat them. That cat was kinda nuts- he used to drag Doritos into the corner and kill them before eating them, growling the entire time. So anyway, I make mine with butter beans instead.
NFPG Recipe Collection
It's all about that protein
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More