- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 (16-ounce) cans baked beans
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoon yellow or brown mustard
- 5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 (6-ounce) can french-fried onions, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, mix together beans, pineapple, molasses, BBQ sauce, mustard, bacon, and a third of the onions. Add some salt and pepper, to taste. Pour beans in 9 by 13-inch casserole dish and sprinkle remaining crushed onions and bacon on top. Cook in oven for 1 hour or until beans brown and bubble. Serve warm.
NotesThis is Paula Dean's recipe for baked beans and it is very good. The only thing I did different was use pork & beans instead of baked beans. I read most of the reviews and that is what many said to do because it was too strong with the baked beans.
I took this dish on a recent camping trip and they were all gone in no time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More