- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 (16-ounce) cans baked beans
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoon yellow or brown mustard
- 5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 (6-ounce) can french-fried onions, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, mix together beans, pineapple, molasses, BBQ sauce, mustard, bacon, and a third of the onions. Add some salt and pepper, to taste. Pour beans in 9 by 13-inch casserole dish and sprinkle remaining crushed onions and bacon on top. Cook in oven for 1 hour or until beans brown and bubble. Serve warm.
NotesThis is Paula Dean's recipe for baked beans and it is very good. The only thing I did different was use pork & beans instead of baked beans. I read most of the reviews and that is what many said to do because it was too strong with the baked beans.
I took this dish on a recent camping trip and they were all gone in no time.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More