- Cooking Time: 10 - 12
- Servings: 45 Pcs.
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter at room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or Silpat.
- Measure out flour then sift into a bowl and set aside.
- Using an electronic mixer, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add the vanilla.
- Slowly add sifted flour to the butter mixture.
- Mix well until all ingredients are incorporated into a soft dough.
- Scoop up about 3/4 tablespoons of dough and roll into balls.
- Roll balls of dough in some sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet and flatten evenly with fingers just a bit, so the cookies are shaped like little discs.
- Bake at 350F for 10-12 mins, until edges turn a slight golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
NotesHe likes butter cookies. I like sugar cookies. Here's a very simple recipe that puts the two together. They are especially good right out of the oven. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
Breads and Pastry 101
Summertime SippersSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More