- Cooking Time: 8-10 minutes
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup oil
- 2 eggs - beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour
- Cream together sugar and butter. Add oil, eggs, vanilla and salt. Sift together cream of tartar, salt, baking soda and flour. Add to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Chill several hours. Roll into balls.
- Place on baking sheet and flatten with a glass. Sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Editor: No time or temperature are given on this recipe. Editor suggests baking at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until edges start to brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More