- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a mixer blend the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Slowly add dry ingredients.
- Chill dough for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Roll out dough on a flour surface and cut into desired shapes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
NotesEvery holiday as a kid my Mother would make this recipe. She had over 100 cookie cutters for us to make different designs for each holiday. We even decorated them with different colored icing and sprinkles after they baked. This recipe reminds me of my mother every time I bake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Nick's PicksSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More