- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.; grease a 9x13 pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, butter, and 2 of the eggs. Batter will be thick. Spread on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Beat together the remaining eggs, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Spread over the top of the crust.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the top is starting to brown. Cool completely. Serve with topping of your choice.
NotesI searched the Internet for a Sugar Cream Cake recipe that I had enjoyed at a restaurant. After I mashed up a few of the recipes I found, it was pointed out that I had made a Gooey Butter Cake! Who knew? You will enjoy this version, with its slightly crisp crust and ooey gooey center--use your favorite toppings to celebrate any occasion!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More