- Cooking Time: 10-20
- Servings: 10 large or 24 mini
- Preparation Time: 10
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin with cooking spray/vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and egg until light in color.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Pour into egg mixture and stir to combine. Pour in vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Divide batter evenly into 10 muffin cups or 24 mini muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake 15-18 mins or 11-12 mins for mini muffins, until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While muffins are baking, melt butter and pour remaining sugar into a small bowl.
- When muffins are done lightly brush the top of each with some melted butter, remove from the pan and roll in sugar. Cool on a wire rack
NotesSubmitted by the always fabulous Casey Scully!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More