- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1can Milnot
- 3-4c Whole Milk or Half-n-Half (your choice)
- 2boxes sugar-free INSTANT White Chocolate pudding (Jello brand is my pick)
- 1envelope unflavored gelatin (Knox brand)
- 1/2c Splenda
- 1c fresh Blackberries, crushed
- Ice Cream Maker Salt
- lg bag of Crushed Ice for machine
- Prepare ice cream making machine per manufacturer's instructions.
- In large bowl, blend together with a hand mixer on med speed: condensed milk, 2-3c milk, pudding mixes, gelatin and sweetener til dissolved and foamy. I recommend adding each box/envelope slowy and gradually for best result.
- Add blackberries and blend well.
- Pour into ice cream maker container, and add more milk as needed to reach "fill line". Stir again well if more milk was added.
- Follow machine instructions to make ice cream; this generally involves alternating ice and salt til near the top of the container, filling container, sealing it, filling machine w/more ice & salt to cover container completely, turning it on and stepping away for 1/2hr or so til it's SOUP, I mean- ICE SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEAM!
- You may also want to freeze for 1/2-1hr after machine cycling is complete, to further harden.
- BUT- I have found sugar-free ice cream, when it freezes, it freezes MUCH harder than regular ice cream, so allowing it to sit out for a while before serving to soften is usually required.
NotesThat's right- I said SUGAR-FREE. It tastes like the real deal, seriously. Many different flavor options- create your own! Vanilla, obvs, would be UBER-easy! I'm going to try Butterscotch-Pecan soon, Pistachio and Chocolate Chocolate Chip. Basically, ANY flavor you can find of INSTANT pudding, you can use in this recipe. You can even use SKIM MILK and FAT-FREE condensed milk, but it's not going to be as creamy and will probably freeze super-hard.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More