- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1can Milnot
- 3-4c Whole Milk or Half-n-Half (your choice)
- 2boxes sugar-free INSTANT White Chocolate pudding (Jello brand is my pick)
- 1envelope unflavored gelatin (Knox brand)
- 1/2c Splenda
- 1c fresh Blackberries, crushed
- Ice Cream Maker Salt
- lg bag of Crushed Ice for machine
- Prepare ice cream making machine per manufacturer's instructions.
- In large bowl, blend together with a hand mixer on med speed: condensed milk, 2-3c milk, pudding mixes, gelatin and sweetener til dissolved and foamy. I recommend adding each box/envelope slowy and gradually for best result.
- Add blackberries and blend well.
- Pour into ice cream maker container, and add more milk as needed to reach "fill line". Stir again well if more milk was added.
- Follow machine instructions to make ice cream; this generally involves alternating ice and salt til near the top of the container, filling container, sealing it, filling machine w/more ice & salt to cover container completely, turning it on and stepping away for 1/2hr or so til it's SOUP, I mean- ICE SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEAM!
- You may also want to freeze for 1/2-1hr after machine cycling is complete, to further harden.
- BUT- I have found sugar-free ice cream, when it freezes, it freezes MUCH harder than regular ice cream, so allowing it to sit out for a while before serving to soften is usually required.
NotesThat's right- I said SUGAR-FREE. It tastes like the real deal, seriously. Many different flavor options- create your own! Vanilla, obvs, would be UBER-easy! I'm going to try Butterscotch-Pecan soon, Pistachio and Chocolate Chocolate Chip. Basically, ANY flavor you can find of INSTANT pudding, you can use in this recipe. You can even use SKIM MILK and FAT-FREE condensed milk, but it's not going to be as creamy and will probably freeze super-hard.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More