- Cooking Time: 60 mins
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15 mins
BackstoryMy wife and I are both Diabetic and she loves cheescake so I came up with this recipe for her. She loves it, so do I. It is quick, easy and tasty. This was the first diabetic recipe I came up with and it inspired me to make even more things for our special dietary needs. I wan to share this with everyone so that people will know that being diabetic doesn't mean you have to eat boring flavorless food. By the way, this is sugar free, not low fat. I don't use light or low fat or fat free things in my recipes.
- 16oz cream cheese at room temp.
- 16oz sour Cream
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup of Splenda Sweetener
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup of graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tbl spoons of melted butter
- Mix melted butter with graham cracker crumbs and press into the bottom of 10 inch spring form pan. Put into fridge to cool off.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix eggs and Splenda together
- add cream cheese and beat with electric mixer till smooth (about 5 min)
- add sour cream and lemon zest and vanilla, then mix till completely combined
- Pour into spring form pan and level, wrap pan in tin foil to keep crust from getting soggy.
- Bake in a water bath that comes up the side of the pan about an inch.
- Bake at 350 for 60 minutes
- let cool for at least 2 hours before slicing, if possible let it cool in the refrigerator.