- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 pkgs. Bakers Bitter Sweet/Unsweetened Chocolate (20 squares)
- 1 - 8 oz. pkg. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Splenda Sugar Substitute
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- (1 1/2 tsps. rum extract, optional)*
- (1 1/2 tsps. instant coffee, optional)*
- *Or can substitute 1 T of Kahlua for the rum extract and instant coffee
- Makes: 36 chocolate truffles
- Place 8 chocolate squares in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on High power for 20 seconds, at a time; stirring in between, until the chocolate is melted; set aside.
- *Combine instant coffee granules and rum extract in small bowl and stir until coffee is dissolved; set aside (or substitute 1T Kahlua for these 2 items)** again this part is optional**.
- Place softened cream cheese in bowl, and beat with mixer, until creamy. Gradually blend in Splenda.
- **Add dissolved coffee and rum extract to mixture---(optional).
- Then add the melted chocolate and vanilla, mix until thoroughly blended.
- Take truffle mixture in bowl and cover with plastic wrap and chill for 15 - 20 minutes, until it becomes thick and firm.
- Shape chocolate truffle mixture into 1-inch balls (using melon baller simplifies this part) and place on a cookie sheet that is lined with either parchment paper or waxed paper.
- In the meantime, melt remaining 12 chocolate squares.
- Use fork (I've found tiny pronged pickle or appetitizer forks work the best) to dip truffles into remaining melted chocolate; return to baking sheet. Decorate with ground walnuts, candy sprinkles, or colored Splenda. Then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place each truffle in a small foil or tiny cupcake/candy paper liner. Keep truffles refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Number of Servings: 36
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Blue Collar Beer Cheese Dip
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter FrostingSee More