- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Tablespoons pecan pieces
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 1/3 cup pitted dates
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a blender or food processor to chop pecan pieces until finely ground.
- Sift biscuit mix, and stir in the pecans.
- Set aside.
- Use blender or food processor to purée dates, gradually adding egg white and warm water.
- Beat several minutes until creamy.
- Melt butter, and then stir in date cream and vanilla.
- Fold liquid ingredients into biscuit mix.
- Stir only until blended.
- Spread the moist dough only to the edges of a deep dish 9-inch pie pan.
- The crust will be about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes until slight touches of light brown on edges.
- Set aside to cool.
NotesDon't recall where I got this recipe but I've had it for years. I like this for a cheesecake or a pudding pie.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More