- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 jigger (1.5 oz) tequila
- 2 Tablespoons (1 oz) lime juice - bottled more convenient, fresh tastes a lot better
- 1/4 cup (4 Tablespoons) water
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 Tablespoon's worth artificial sweetener (I like to use liquid, carb-free types)
- Ice - small handful
- Margarita salt or kosher salt
- Wet the rim of the glass and dip into a small plate of salt.
- Combine all ingredients. You can either serve it over ice (in Mexico I've usually been served it this way, but I can't say I've had extensive experience), or strained into the glass, or blended in a blender.
- 2 grams of carbohydrate using bottled lime juice, 2.5 for fresh