- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup margarine
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- Cream together the margarine and cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer. Blend in the vanilla. Mix in the flour. Chill the dough.
- To make the Filling: Mix together the chopped raisins, chopped walnuts, and cinnamon. If you have a food processor, place the whole walnuts and raisins into the bowl, sprinkle with the cinnamon, and chop them together by processing in short pulses.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Roll out each portion into a 10 - 12 inch circle 1/8 inch thick on a lightly floured board or between two sheets of waxed paper.
- Spread a light layer of preserves (approximately 2 tablespoons) onto each dough circle. Sprinkle each circle with approximately 1/4 cup of the chopped nut-raisin-cinnamon mixture. Cut each circle into 16 wedges using a pastry cutter or a pizza cutter. Roll each wedge from base to point. Place point down on a lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes at 375 degrees F (or until golden). Remove to racks to cool.
NotesNo artificial ingredients. Cream cheese pastry filled with raisins, nuts and cinnamon. Naturally sweet.This is not my recipe, but I love it & wanted to share. I'm Cherokee & do Christmas, but have friends that have Hanukkah & sneak me some every year.
Recipe by:Warren P. Silberstein, M.D.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More