- Cooking Time: 20 min.
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 3 hrs
- * 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- * FONDANT:
- * 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- * 4 to 5 tablespoons water
- * 1 package (2 pounds) confectioners' sugar
- * 1/2 cup shortening
- * DECORATING:
- * 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- * Blue, orange and green paste food coloring
- * Miniature peanut butter cups
- * Malted milk balls
- * Clear vanilla extract
- * Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely on wire racks.
- * In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine marshmallows and 2 tablespoons water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in three-fourths of the sugar; turn onto a work surface coated with 3 tablespoons shortening.
- * Knead until smooth and pliable, gradually adding remaining sugar and shortening. If necessary, moisten with remaining water. Wrap fondant in plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.
- * To decorate, set aside 1/4 cup frosting. Tint remaining frosting blue; frost cupcakes.
- * For ghosts: Invert two peanut butter cups and stack, securing together with a small amount of reserved frosting. Top with a malted milk ball, attaching with frosting. Repeat, forming 24 stacks.
- * On a work surface lightly sprinkled with confectioners' sugar, roll a 1-1/4-in. ball of fondant into a 4-in. circle; drape over a stack. For eyes and mouth, gently cut out shapes using pastry tips. Repeat for remaining ghosts.
- * For pumpkins, stems and tendrils: Tint desired amount of fondant orange. Wrap fondant around malted milk balls; shape into pumpkins. Add imprint lines with a veining tool or toothpick.
- * For stems and tendrils, tint a small amount of fondant green. Shape into stems; attach to pumpkins using vanilla. For tendrils, roll out remaining green fondant; using a pizza cutter, cut into thin strips. Gently wrap strips around toothpicks; set aside to dry. (Tightly wrap any remaining fondant in plastic wrap and store in a resealable plastic bag for another use.)
- * To finish cupcakes: Place a small amount of reserved frosting on top of each cupcake; top with a prepared ghost. Carefully remove tendrils from toothpicks and attach to pumpkins, using vanilla. Attach pumpkins to cupcakes as desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
NotesThis is so cute. Just had to share it with everyone. Hope you like it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More