- Cooking Time: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 recipe Sugar Cookie Dough, at room temperature
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate juice
- Small red sugar hearts, for decorating
- Prepare dough as directed and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sprinkle a work surface and rolling pin with confectioner's sugar and roll out dough to 1/8-inch thick.
- Move dough frequently to prevent it from sticking and add more confectioner's sugar to the work surface and rolling pin as needed.
- With a 2 1/4-inch round cookie cutter, cut 72 dough rounds, re-rolling dough as needed.
- With a small heart-shaped cookie cutter (about 1 1/2-by-1-inch), cut hearts from the center of half the dough rounds.
- Place the rounds and cutouts about 1 inch apart on parchment -lined baking sheets.
- Bake until just set but not brown, about 6-8 minutes.
- Let cool on the pan slightly before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: In a small bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, butter, confectioner's sugar, and pomegranate juice until smooth and fluffy.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon filling on each round cookie and top with a cut-out cookie.
- Place a red candy heart in the center of each. Leftover filling can be used to sandwich the small hearts together.
- NOTE: If you don't have Pomegranate juice, I would use Milk and a few drops of Food Coloring to achieve desired color.
NotesValentine's Day is just around the corner..so here is a special treat. Alton Brown's classic sugar cookie recipe is transformed into tiny, sweet valentines.
EQUIPMENT: 2 1/4-inch round cookie cutter, 1 1/2-by-1-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More