- Cooking Time: 8-10 minutes
- Servings: 2 dozen
- Preparation Time: about 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cream together: shortening, butter, sugar and egg.
- Stir in: buttermilk, vanilla.
- Sift together and add to mixture: flour, soda and salt.
- Chill dough.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfulls onto lightly greased cookie sheet about 2" apart.
- Bake until set but not brown.
- Bake about 8-10 minutes.
- Ice and decorate with red and green sprinkles.
NotesAgain this is the second type of cookie my mother would bake at Christmas time, when we were putting up the Christmas tree. Of course, later she made more for the neighbors and guest of the season.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More