- Cooking Time: 8-10 minutes
- Servings: 2 dozen
- Preparation Time: about 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cream together: shortening, butter, sugar and egg.
- Stir in: buttermilk, vanilla.
- Sift together and add to mixture: flour, soda and salt.
- Chill dough.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfulls onto lightly greased cookie sheet about 2" apart.
- Bake until set but not brown.
- Bake about 8-10 minutes.
- Ice and decorate with red and green sprinkles.
NotesAgain this is the second type of cookie my mother would bake at Christmas time, when we were putting up the Christmas tree. Of course, later she made more for the neighbors and guest of the season.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Mini Chicken Pot Pies
Lemon Blueberry BreadSee More