- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 1 1/2 cups radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced (about 1 bunch)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 bunch green onions, thinly sliced, both white and green parts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- To prepare sugar snap peas, in a large pot fitted with a steaming basket, bring water to a boil over high heat. Place sugar snap peas in the basket, cover and steam until just tender, about 3 minutes. Their color should be bright when you take them form the pot. Rinse under cold running water to stop the cooking, and drain well. (Can be prepared 1-day ahead. Place the peas in a re-sealable plastic bag with a dry paper towel and refrigerate.)
- To prepare the radishes and assemble the dish, heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add radishes and sauté until translucent, crisp, and tender, about 5 minutes. Add sugar snap peas, green onion, salt and pepper. Sauté until peas are heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Toss with the dill. Transfer vegetables to a bowl and serve.
NotesThe fresh flavor of delicate pea pods and crisp radishes comes to life with the simple addition of chopped dill and green onions. Delicious served either warm or cold, this spring side plate pairs beautifully with roast lamb, ham or fish.
Per Serving (4.5 oz-wt.): 100 calories (40 from fat), 4.5g total fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 2g protein, 8g total carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 5g sugar), 0mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium