- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is an easy coffee cake that I developed after my parents both became diagnosed with diabetes within 6 months of each other. They both love coffee cake so this came about.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pilsbury reduced sugar yellow cake mix
- 1 (4 serving)box of sugar free/fat free french vanilla instant pudding (vanilla also works)
- 1/2 to 1 cup splenda for baking (not regular splenda)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13 x 9 pan.
- Mix together splenda for baking and cinnamon, will look like a cinnamon/sugar mix. Save for later.
- In large mixing bowl beat water, oil, eggs, and vanilla until well combined. Then add cake mix and instant pudding. Beat together on low to combine (30 seconds) then run spatula down sides of pan, then beat together on medium for 1 to 2 minutes until well combined. Batter will be thick. In greased pan pour half of the cake batter and spread over pan. Then sprinkle lightly over the batter part of the splenda/cinnamon mixture. Then pour the rest of the batter in pan and spread out, then sprinkle splenda/cinnamon mixture over rest of batter. There may be some splenda/cinnamon mixture leftover. Put pan in oven. Bake for approximately 30 minutes, may take 5 to 10 minutes longer or shorter depending on your oven. Wait till cake springs back up when you press your finger into it, the toothpick test also works. Cool completely, slice and serve.