- Cooking Time: 45 min.
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 20 min.
Backstory- a combination of recipes from Betty Crocker
and The Best Bake Sale Ever
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, plus more for decorating
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 Tbls. heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbls. flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk 1 cup of flour with powdered sugar.
- Cut in butter and cream until crumbs form.
- Press into a 8 inch square baking pan, building up 1/2 an inch on all sides. Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are just golden.
- While crust bakes, prepare filling.
- Beat eggs, lemon juice, and granulated sugar until pale, about 2 minutes.
- Add 3 Tbls. flour and beat until just combined.
- Pour over hot crust and return to oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until filling is set.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Using a knife dipped in hot water, slice into squares and remove from pan with a thin spatula.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More