SUGARED LEMON SQUARES
- Cooking Time: 45 min.
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, plus more for decorating
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 Tbls. heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbls. flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk 1 cup of flour with powdered sugar.
- Cut in butter and cream until crumbs form.
- Press into a 8 inch square baking pan, building up 1/2 an inch on all sides. Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are just golden.
- While crust bakes, prepare filling.
- Beat eggs, lemon juice, and granulated sugar until pale, about 2 minutes.
- Add 3 Tbls. flour and beat until just combined.
- Pour over hot crust and return to oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until filling is set.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Using a knife dipped in hot water, slice into squares and remove from pan with a thin spatula.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Notes- a combination of recipes from Betty Crocker
and The Best Bake Sale Ever
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Blue Cheese And Bacon Cheese Ball
matt's base red sauceSee More