- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe was given to me by a coworker last year. I am not sure where she got the recipe
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Grease one baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and water until frothy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add pecans to egg whites, stir to coat the nuts evenly.
- Remove the nuts, and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated.
- Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) for 1 hour.
- Stir every 15 minutes.