- 4-6 servings
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3/4 to 1 pound boneless beef sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 12 green onions, cut into 2-inch slices
- 1 large onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced bamboo shoots , drained
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, washed, drained and torn into bite-size pieces
- Hot cooked rice
Blend soy sauce, chicken broth, sugar and cornstarch in small bowl. Set aside.
Heat 2 tablespoons il in large skillet. Add beef. Stir-fry over medium-high heat until browned. Remove beef and drippings from skillet; set aside.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in skillet. Add mushrooms, green onions, onion and bamboo shoots. Stir-fry over medium-high heat about 4 minutes, or until onion is tender-crisp. Stir in soy sauce mixture. Cover. Cook over moderate heat 3 minutes. Stir in spinach; re-cover. Cook 2 minutes longer. Add beef. Stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes, or until hot. Serve with rice.