- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 2 to 3
- Preparation Time: max 30 minutes
- 750g (1 1/2 Pound) Fresh white Aspargus
- 250g (the weight of one cup) Big frozen shrimps
- 250g fresh Tortelloni with Cheese filling (only need 2 minutes cooking)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard or your favourite strong mustard
- ca 4 to 6 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 fresh Tomatoes diced into small bits with juice and all
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped chives
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- (You can substitude the shrimps with 2 hard boiled eggs, cut into 4 bits and added on to each serving dish, then even skip the pasta)
- Peel the Aspargus and cut ca 2 cm (1 inch) of the ends.
- Cut Aspargus into bit size pieces.
- Put water into pot for the aspargus pasta and let cook.
- Meanwhile squeeze lemon and stir in mustard in a serving bowl.
- Add oil, and herbs and combine, taste with salt and pepper (I go easy on the salt as the pasta and aspargus will be saltet while cooking.
- Chop the Tomatoes to small bits most preferably in a deeper dish to save all juice.
- Add Tomatoes with juice to the vinaigrette, combine and set aside.
- When water boils add a handful of salt to the water (ca 2 tbsp)
- and add Aspargus and cook for ca 8 minutes
- Just before Aspargus is ready add the Tortelloni and cook accordingly (ca 2 minutes)
- Just before the end add the frozen shrimps to the pot just to let them thaw a bit.
- When Pasta and Aspargus is "al dente" cooked,
- pour the ingredients from the pot through a strainer to get rid of the cooking water,
- then pour into the Vinaigrette.
- Combine and enjoy with some fresh lime/lemon soda (Squeeze a fresh lemon or lime into a water glass and fill up with sparkling water) or a glass of dry white wine.
NotesAt work I get to try meals from starchefs and this recipie is an inspiration from tasting one of their dishes. And as Aspargus is in season in Germany now, now is the time to try new things with cooking this delicious bit of vegetable :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
CRISPY BAKED RAVIOLI
Banana TrifleSee More