- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWe never have a summer cookout without this dish! The recipe is so simple, and can easily be made vegetarian by leaving out the bacon!
- 3 cans red kidney beans, drained
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 lb. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 green peppers, cut in rings
- 2 onions, cut in rings
- 2 heaping Tbls. brown sugar
- 1 14 oz. bottle ketchup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Layer half of the bacon in the bottom of a glass 9x13 pan. Layer the remaining ingredients, except the ketchup. Top with remaining bacon and ketchup. Bake uncovered for 2 to 3 hours.