SUMMER BERRY MUFFINS
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. milk
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/2 c. fresh, frozen blueberries
- 1/2 c. fresh, frozen raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit. Spray a twelve cup muffin-pan with with baking spray or line with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt until well blended. Create a well in the center.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together milk, egg, and two extracts until well blended.
4. Pour the milk mixture and melted butter in to the well in the flour mixtures and stir until mostly combined. Fold in berries.
5. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, dividing evenly. They should be no more than 3/4 full.
6. Bake until muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, approx. 18--20 minutes.
Website Credit: http://kelseysappleaday.blogspot.com/2011/06/meatless-monday-summer-berry-muffins.html