- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- 2 loaves focaccia bread - cut into rectangles
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup variety cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups cucumber - peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped sweet white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup crumbled parmesan
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a large serving bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, garlic, basil, thyme, and mozzarella.
- Add enough olive oil and vinegar to lightly coat, and then toss.
- Garnish with mint.
- Cut focaccia loaves into soldiers and toast until cut sides are golden brown.
- Serve in a large bread basket.
- Place a desired number of bread soldiers in the bottom of an individual salad bowl, sprinkle with olive oil and vinegar to taste.
- Spoon salad over bread and serve with parmesan and blue cheese on the side.
NotesGreat salad for a bbq or a nice Italian dinner... or with anything really. :)
Adapted from Mid-Summer Italian Bread Salad
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
The Social Cookbook
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More