- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For the filling (makes 1 crostata):
- 1 pound firm ripe peaches, peeled
- 1/2 pound firm ripe black plums, unpeeled
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) cold unsalted butter, diced
- For the filling:
- Cut the peaches and plums in wedges and place them in a bowl with the blueberries.
- Toss them with 1 tablespoon of the flour, 1 tablespoon of the sugar, the orange zest, and the orange juice.
- Place the mixed fruit on the dough circle, leaving a 1 1/2-inch border.
- Combine the 1/4 cup flour, the 1/4 cup sugar, and the salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Add the butter and pulse until the mixture is crumbly.
- Pour into a bowl and rub it with your fingers until it starts to hold together.
- Sprinkle evenly over the fruit.
- Gently fold the border of the pastry over the fruit, pleating it to make an edge.
- Bake the crostata for 20 to 25 minutes, until the crust is golden and the fruit is tender. Let the crostata cool for 5 minutes, then use 2 large spatulas to transfer it to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Delightful DessertsSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More