- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For the pastry (makes 2 crostatas)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated or superfine sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, diced
- 6 tablespoons (3 ounces) ice water
- For the pastry:
- Place the flour, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse a few times to combine.
- Add the butter and toss quickly (and carefully!) with your fingers to coat each cube of butter with the flour.
- Pulse 12 to 15 times, or until the butter is the size of peas. With the motor running, add the ice water all at once through the feed tube. Keep hitting the pulse button to combine, but stop the machine just before the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a well-floured board, roll it into a ball, cut in half, and form into 2 flat disks.
- Wrap the disks in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. If you only need 1 disk of dough The other disk of dough can be frozen.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the pastry into an 11-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Transfer it to the baking sheet.
NotesI got this recipe from the Barefoot Contessa show on Food Network. Made it with the blueberries and without. Easy and really good. Everyone loved it. The crust tastes like puff pastry. Will make again and again. The combo of Plums and peaches are what make it special.