- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the potatoes and let cook until tender.
- While the potatoes cook, in a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Drain the potatoes, stir them into the vinegar mixture and let them marinate for 30 minutes to absorb the flavors.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream and heavy cream.
- Fold this creamy mixture into the potato mixture along with the onions and hard-cooked eggs.
- Cover and chill before serving.
NotesDoesn't have to be just for summer.