- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups lettuce (chopped)
- 1/4 sweet onion, sliced thin
- 6 ounces tuna, drained
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced
- 12 asparagus, cooked
- 2 cooked new potatoes, sliced
- 1 cup mixed peppers, cubed
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 4 slices cheese
- 1/3 cup oil & vinegar vinaigrette
- Toss the lettuce of your choice with 2 tbl vinaigrette, so it's well coated.
- Arrange the lettuce on two dinner plates.
- Mound half the tuna in the center of each plate of lettuce.
- Toss together peppers, zucchini and capers with 1 Tbl vinaigrette.
- Spoon on lettuce to form a spoke.
- Arrange artfully tomato and onion in a mound on one side of the lettuce on each plate.
- Arrange the potatoes in a separate mound on the plates.
- Place asparagus as well as your favourite cheese on each plate.
- Drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette.
You can add boiled eggs,olives, artichokes.
Make it with thinly sliced ham instead of tuna for a change.
That is the fun part of this salad.
You have your favourite ingredients.
Serve with a baguette or a dinner roll and enjoy a cool summer meal.