- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 pounds of ground beef (It must be ground beef, not ground round or sirloin)
- 5 round tsp. of Mortons Tender Quick Salt, found in cooking aisle, in blue bag.
- (DO NOT USE ANYTHING OTHER THAN THIS TYPE OF SALT)
- 2 1/2 tsp. whole mustard seed
- 2 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- Thoroughly mix all of the ingredients together. Mix once a day for 3 days. It is important to mix very well, otherwise the meat will spoil.
- On the 4th day, preheat oven to 175º F.
- Roll the mixture into 5 even logs. Place on elevated wire racks on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 hours, turning once at 4 hours.
- Let cool. Once cool, slice and serve.
- Can be wrapped in foil and stored in freezer.
NotesI got the recipe from my mom and this is so good! It beats speading loads of money during the holiday season, and this tastes so much better!
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Jesuit Tampa - Between Practice and Homework
The Help Cookbook: Food and FriendshipSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More