- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe uses seasonal yellow squash and zucchini, as well as fresh basil and onions. Because of the light seasoning, you could also add other flavors depending on your tastes. This is a larger dish, meant for potluck-type events. The pasta I used is called Gemelli, but any kind of twisty, short pasta would work (try something fun!).
- 1 (16 oz) box of pasta
- 3 medium zucchini, quartered length-wise and thinly sliced
- 2 medium yellow squash, quartered length-wise and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced or minced
- 2 tbsp and 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta per package directions until al dente. Drain and spread on a rimmed baking sheet to cool. Drizzle with 2 tsp of olive oil (or as needed to prevent pasta from sticking).
- Over medium-high heat, saute garlic and onions in 2 tbsp olive oil to 2-3 minutes. Add zucchini and yellow squash and toss, sauteing 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat.
- Combine pasta, squash mixture, and basil in a large serving dish. Toss well with vinegar and pepper. Serve at room temperature.