SUMMER SQUASH PASTA SALAD
Summer Squash Pasta Salad
- 1 (16 oz) box of pasta
- 3 medium zucchini, quartered length-wise and thinly sliced
- 2 medium yellow squash, quartered length-wise and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced or minced
- 2 tbsp and 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta per package directions until al dente. Drain and spread on a rimmed baking sheet to cool. Drizzle with 2 tsp of olive oil (or as needed to prevent pasta from sticking).
Over medium-high heat, saute garlic and onions in 2 tbsp olive oil to 2-3 minutes. Add zucchini and yellow squash and toss, sauteing 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat.
Combine pasta, squash mixture, and basil in a large serving dish. Toss well with vinegar and pepper. Serve at room temperature.