- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large or 2 small summer squash, sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 of an onion, sliced thin
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 tomato, chopped
- fresh basil or thyme
- feta or goat cheese
- In saute pan over medium heat, cook onion in olive oil till soft, about 5 minutes.
- Shred carrot into pan, continuing to cook.
- Add tomato and squash, season with salt and pepper.
- Add some water to the pan (just enough to cover the bottom, so the squash has some liquid to absorb), cover, reduce heat, and cook until squash is done.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and cheese.
NotesI came up with this one day while trying to use up some veggies and create something yummy. If you are getting bored with normal veggies, try this! Makes enough for two.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
50 Shades of Taste
Get Cookin'See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More