- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI've been looking at different ways to combine food for many years. We had this for salad this evening and liked it. Very easy and very tasty.
- 1/4 ripe cantalope
- 1/4 ripe watermelon (personal size)
- 1/2 cup ripe blueberries
- about 10 slices of salami
- 1 tsp sweet rice vinegar
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 TBS grated cheese (I used a chedder goat cheese)
- 8-10 grinds of pepper
- Ball the watermelon and cantalope, using the small balling end.
- Place the melons and the blueberries in a big enough bowl to mix everything together without throwing it all over.
- Cut the salami into strips-stack them and do them all at once, then simply separate them with your fingers. Mix the salami well with the melons and berries.
- sprinkle the vinegar and lime juice over everything and mix well.
- Using a fine grating tool, grate the cheese over the entire bowl making it look like snow, grate the pepper over everything and serve. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. I'm sure any of the melons now ripe would be fine to use-try some variations and let me know what you did, I always enjoy feedback. lucas hess