- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 ripe cantalope
- 1/4 ripe watermelon (personal size)
- 1/2 cup ripe blueberries
- about 10 slices of salami
- 1 tsp sweet rice vinegar
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 TBS grated cheese (I used a chedder goat cheese)
- 8-10 grinds of pepper
- Ball the watermelon and cantalope, using the small balling end.
- Place the melons and the blueberries in a big enough bowl to mix everything together without throwing it all over.
- Cut the salami into strips-stack them and do them all at once, then simply separate them with your fingers. Mix the salami well with the melons and berries.
- sprinkle the vinegar and lime juice over everything and mix well.
- Using a fine grating tool, grate the cheese over the entire bowl making it look like snow, grate the pepper over everything and serve. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. I'm sure any of the melons now ripe would be fine to use-try some variations and let me know what you did, I always enjoy feedback. lucas hess
NotesI've been looking at different ways to combine food for many years. We had this for salad this evening and liked it. Very easy and very tasty.
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More