SUN DRIED TOMATO CASSOULET
Sun Dried Tomato Cassoulet
- 1 1b chicken breast cut up into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 oz Chicken Sausage sliced 1/2 rounds.
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 T fresh chopped rosemary or 2 tsp. dried
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 15 oz can cannelli/northern white beans, drained and rinsed.
Heat olive oil in saute pan. Add chicken pieces, sausage, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Saute until chicken is not showing any pink.
Heat chicken broth in microwave and pour over tomatoes in a bowl. This will soften the tomatoes and add their flavor to the broth. Once the tomatoes are soft, cut into pieces using kitchen shears. If you are using the oil packed, you can skip the hot broth step.
Add the broth, tomatoes, and beans to the pan. bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer until chicken is cooked through and heated.
This is good with a green salad and any bread to sop up the juices...