- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI found this recipe in Ina Garten's cookbook 'The Barefoot Contessa.' I've modified it to make it lower in fat and it has quickly become a favorite of family and friends! It is delicious with Parmesan Toasts, or Kettle Chips brand Salt and Pepper chips, but would also work with fresh veggies or crackers.
Makes 2 cups
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped (8 tomatoes)
- 8 oz low-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1/2 Hellman's mayonnaise
- 10 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- Puree everything but the scallions in a food processor with a metal blade until well combined. Add the scallions and pulse twice. Serve at room temperature.