- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a Giada recipe from The Everyday Italian cookbook.
Quick, easy & delicious supper!
The secret to making pesto into a great pasta dressing is to get the sauce to the right consistancy. From the food processor, pestos are usually to thick to coat pastas; you'll just end up with mounds of the sauce amid a lot of undressed noodles. You need to mix in just enough of the pasta cooking liquid to get the pesto to coat the pasta, but not so much that you've created pesto soup.
- 1 (8.5 0unce) jar of sun-ried tomatoes packed in Olive Oil
- 1 Cup (packed) fresh Basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 Cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 t. salt, plus more to taste if desired
- 1/2 t. Black Pepper, plus more to taste if desired
- In the bowl of a food processor, blend sun-dried tomatoes and their oil with basil and garlic just until the tomatoes are finely chopped.
- Transfer the pesto to a medium bowl, and stir in cheese and salt & Pepper.
- Pesto will last 1 week if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Makes about 1-1/2 Cups
- Serves 4 over 12 ounces of pasta as a main course