- Cooking Time: 7
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped (you can use morsel if you don't want to chop chocolate)
- 1/2 cup very strong black coffee
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, cut into pieces
- 4 tablespoons (three turns around the pan) heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream
- Suggested garnishes: chopped peanuts, whipped cream, maraschino cherries
- In a heavy saucepan over medium low heat melt the chocolate and the coffee; once melted remove pan from heat and stir in the butter, cream, and cinnamon.
- Scoop ice cream into serving dishes top with sauce and toppings of you choice
NotesThis is from my Mother. A big coffee person. If she can use coffee, she does!