- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- The basting sauce mix:
- 1/4 cup Vinegar
- 3/4 cup Water
- 3 tbsp. Brown Sugar, heaping
- 3 tbsp. salt, heaping
- You could also add, onion, garlic, chili flakes anything you would like to this
- Cottage Potatoes Ingredients:
- 10 medium sized potatoes, amount for size of family
- 1/2 lb. pkg. velvetta cheese, chopped
- 1 onion diced finely
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup milk
- corn flakes, crushed
- Heat mixture on stove until dissolved. Then transfer to a spray bottle or brush on roast often while it is cooking.
- It should take 40 minutes to 1 hour to cook
- Cottage Potatoes Directions:
- Boil potatoes with skins. Allow to cool, then dice into a greased baking dish.. I sauted the onion just until it softened. Add the chopped velvetta cheese and onion. Mix in melted butter, salt, parsley mositen with milk. Cover with crushed corn flakes. I did not have corn flakes, so I made dried bread crumbs with a bit of melted butter added to them.
- Bake 350F for 1 hour.
Dan BBQ'd today. He used a boneless pork rib roast. We have a charcoal BBQ. For the potato I made Cottaged potatoes. This recipe has been around for many years. The recipe follows the pork. The vegetable was asparagus, boiled just until tender with butter and salt and pepper.
Tomorrow he will make pulled pork on a bun with the left-overs.
The pork is scored on the top so it will cook faster and the sauce will penetrate into the meat more.