Sunday Sausage & Pecorino Veggie Pasta
1 lb · Hot italian pork sausage, casing removed
1 box · Veggie Penne (or any penne or ziti you like)
1 medium · onion , verticaly sliced
3 clove · garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 can · chopped tomatoes, italian seasoned
¼ cup · fresh parsley, chopped
½ cup · fresh pecorino romano cheese
3 tsp · olive oil
1 salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta as per box instructions but omit salt and fat, drain and set aside.
2. Heat a large skillet (non stick) on medium to medium high heat.. add oil and swirl to coat
3. break sausage into the oil add onion, cook stirring occasionaly to crumble sausage for 5 minutes
4. add garlic and red bell pepper, stir and cook for 3 minutes
5. stir in tomatoes and let cook through about 3 to 5 minutes
6. remove from heat add pasta, parsley, and 3/4 of the cheese, salt and pepper to taste
7. serve and top with remaining cheese and fresh parsley. for an extra bite add a few whole basil leaves. Enjoy!
Pairs Well With
A simple pasta dish I like to make on Game Day or a Sunday Afternoon.