- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 lb · Hot italian pork sausage, casing removed
- 1 box · Veggie Penne (or any penne or ziti you like)
- 1 medium · onion , verticaly sliced
- 3 clove · garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can · chopped tomatoes, italian seasoned
- ¼ cup · fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup · fresh pecorino romano cheese
- 3 tsp · olive oil
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Cook pasta as per box instructions but omit salt and fat, drain and set aside.
- 2. Heat a large skillet (non stick) on medium to medium high heat.. add oil and swirl to coat
- 3. break sausage into the oil add onion, cook stirring occasionaly to crumble sausage for 5 minutes
- 4. add garlic and red bell pepper, stir and cook for 3 minutes
- 5. stir in tomatoes and let cook through about 3 to 5 minutes
- 6. remove from heat add pasta, parsley, and 3/4 of the cheese, salt and pepper to taste
- 7. serve and top with remaining cheese and fresh parsley. for an extra bite add a few whole basil leaves. Enjoy!
NotesA simple pasta dish I like to make on Game Day or a Sunday Afternoon.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More