- Cooking Time: 0 min.
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 7 minutes
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinced
- 2 roasted red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 c. red onion, chopped
- 1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
- 2 t. grated ginger
- 3 T. lime juice
- 3 T. canola oil
- 1 T. hot sauce (like Frank's Red Hot)
- 1/2 t. cumin
- Combine ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Toss to combine.
- Serve at room temperature.
NotesThis is from the FoodNetwork tv personality Sunny Anderson. Black-eyed peas are eaten on New Years Day in the South to bring good luck. Hence the name, money salad. My husband who doesn't like black-eyed peas said he would give this a try. I knew the instant I took a bite, that THIS was a winner. My husband loved it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More