- Cooking Time: 0 min.
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 7 minutes
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinced
- 2 roasted red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 c. red onion, chopped
- 1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
- 2 t. grated ginger
- 3 T. lime juice
- 3 T. canola oil
- 1 T. hot sauce (like Frank's Red Hot)
- 1/2 t. cumin
- Combine ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Toss to combine.
- Serve at room temperature.
NotesThis is from the FoodNetwork tv personality Sunny Anderson. Black-eyed peas are eaten on New Years Day in the South to bring good luck. Hence the name, money salad. My husband who doesn't like black-eyed peas said he would give this a try. I knew the instant I took a bite, that THIS was a winner. My husband loved it.
Decadent Desserts Made From
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.See More
Broccoli/Bacon/Onion Salad LOW CARB
High-Protein Honey Wheat Bread
Sticky Pecan & Prune Pre-Workout BarsSee More