- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 corn tortillas, sliced into ½-inch strips, then cut into 2-inch rectangles
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 4-ounce can green chiles, drained
- ½ cup chopped Vidalia or sweet onion
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1. Whisk the eggs. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and 2 tablespoons water vigorously. Set aside.
- 2. Cook the tortilla strips. Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the butter melts and the oil begins to swirl, add the tortilla strips and cook, stirring and tossing, until they are all golden and crispy.
- 3. Add the vegetables. When the tortillas are crisp, add the bell pepper, chiles, and onion. Season with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Cook until the peppers and onion are tender, about 5 minutes.
- 4. Add the eggs and serve. Add the eggs to the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring to scramble and combine, until most of the moisture is cooked out, then remove from the heat and add the tomatoes for a final stir. Serve topped with cheese.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More