- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 corn tortillas, sliced into ½-inch strips, then cut into 2-inch rectangles
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 4-ounce can green chiles, drained
- ½ cup chopped Vidalia or sweet onion
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1. Whisk the eggs. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and 2 tablespoons water vigorously. Set aside.
- 2. Cook the tortilla strips. Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the butter melts and the oil begins to swirl, add the tortilla strips and cook, stirring and tossing, until they are all golden and crispy.
- 3. Add the vegetables. When the tortillas are crisp, add the bell pepper, chiles, and onion. Season with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Cook until the peppers and onion are tender, about 5 minutes.
- 4. Add the eggs and serve. Add the eggs to the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring to scramble and combine, until most of the moisture is cooked out, then remove from the heat and add the tomatoes for a final stir. Serve topped with cheese.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More