- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Cup Flour
- 2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 Cup Splenda
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 5 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Eggs Slightly Beaten
- 2/3 Cup Milk
- 2/3 Cup Cinnamon Applesauce
- 1 1/4 Cup Mashed Bananas (2-3 Medium Bananas)
- 2 Cups Pomegranate Arils
- 1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans.
- 2.) Score fresh pomegranates and place in a bowl of water. Break open the pomegranates under water to free the arils (seed sacs). The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the membrane will float to the top. Sieve and put the arils in a separate bowl. (Refrigerate or freeze any remaining arils for another use.)
- 3.) In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 4.) In a small bowl stir together bananas, oil, vanilla, milk and egg; stir into flour mixture just until moistened; do not over-mix. Fold in arils.
- 5.) Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- 6.) Bake for 60-70 minutes until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7.) Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove loaf from pan and cool on wire rack.
- * 1 large pomegranate will give approximately 1 cup arils.
- ~Makes 12 servings per loaf, 24 total
NotesName from Rachelle =]
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More