- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound sausage, smoked, sage, maple, mild or hot
- 2 slices bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3/4 cup diced green and red peppers
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crumble and cook sausage in medium skillet over medium heat until browned. Drain off any drippings.
- Spread bread cubes in greased 11 x 7 inch baking dish; top with sausage, peppers and cheese. Whisk eggs, milk, salt and mustard until well blended; pour over cheese.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into squares; serve hot. Refrigerate leftovers.
- PREP TIME 20 Min
- COOK TIME 35 Min
- SERVINGS 6
NotesThis colorful breakfast is a great way to entertain out of town guests without waking up at the crack of dawn. This can also be made the day before, or take it to go by placing squares between the halves of toasted English muffins
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More